Pages

Friday 3 July 2015

The Knitting Circle - Ann Hood



Come on in and join the knitting circle - it might just save your life.
Spinning yarns, weaving tales, mending lives.
Every Wednesday a group of women gathers at Alice's Sit and Knit. Little do they know that they will learn so much more than patterns.
Grieving Mary needs to full the empty days after the death of her only child.
Glamorous Scarlet is the life and soul of any party. But beneath her trademark red hair and beaming smile lurks heartache.
Sculptor Lulu seems too cool to live the suburbs. Why has she fled New York's bright lights?
Model housewife Beth never has a hair out of place. But her perfect world is about to fall apart,
Irish-born Ellen wears the weight of the world on her shoulders but not her heart on her sleeve. What is she hiding?
As the weeks go by, under mysterious Alice's watchful eye, an unlikely friendship forms. Secrets are revealed and pacts made. Then tragedy strikes, and each women must learn to face her own past in order to move on.

....................................................................................................

The story is around the main character Mary who has recently lost her daughter to Meningitis and her mother is worried about her shutting herself away in the house and suggests she go to Alice's Sit and Knit. Mary is a little reticent at first but eventually decides to take her mothers advice and so the story unfolds from there.

I don't need to  write any further blurb to describe this book as the above tells you all you need to know.
As you can imagine being a knitter the title alone drew me in from the start and the storyline is just my cup of tea and  at the moment it is on the kindle for just 99p - Bonus.

Whether you are a fellow knitter or not you will still enjoy Ann Hood's novel and I would definitely recommend as a summer read.
.................................................................................................

Moving on.....  Upon arrival home after a lovely day out with D, sat waiting patiently in amongst the post was my next read.

It most definitely has queue jumped but I can't resist an Amanda Prowse novel.




Perfect Daughter  is novel number 8 from Amanda's No Greater Love series. I am already up to Chapter 3 and I can already see my weekend being spent book in hand.

Have a lovely weekend one & all

Mx

PS

 

Don't forget if you've not already entered my anniversary giveaway and would like your name putting in the hat then all you have to do is leave me a comment here and I will pick the winner
on Sunday 12th July





1 comment:

  1. Love the sound of the knitting book, definitely one to add to my ever increasing list of books to read.
    Are you on Goodreads by any chance?
    Love Gem x x
    Gem'sCountryLifeDream

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment as I do like to read them and will answer any I receive.