Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Missing You - Louise Douglas


Fen works in a bookshop and is devoted to her young son, Connor, but she keeps herself to herself. Haunted by guilt and a terrible secret. Fen lives a compromised life, isolated from her family, far from home and too afraid of the past to risk becoming close to anyone.She is constantly looking over her shoulder, knowing that one day the truth will catch up with her.

Sean on the other hand, is enjoying a seemingly perfect life. He has a successful career, lives in his dream home and adores his beautiful wife, Belle and their six year old daughter, Amy, That is until the day Belle announces she has found someone else and wants Sean to move out.

Circumstances throws Fen  and Sean together. Slowly their quiet friendship turns into something much deeper and the joy they find in one another eventually gives them the confidence to trust and love again. But will the past tear them apart just as they find happiness?

...............................................................................................................

If you are looking for a holiday read I would recommend this one to you. 
It's approximately 376 pages and is set out across 53 short chapters making it an easy pick up put down whilst you're on your hols.
I can't really add anything to the blurb above as that basically is the story in a nutshell and if I tell you anymore there won't be anypoint in you reading the book.

..................................................................................................................

Moving on and sticking with my kindle reads I have started my childhood returned read this morning and for the month of August it is................


Happy reading one & all

Mx

4 comments:

  1. I re read Heidi a few years ago and loved it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exactly as I remembered it from childhood and I'm glad I made the effort to read it again.

      Delete
  2. I've recently discovered the Dido Kent books and am already on my second one.
    I love Heidi!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed revisiting some the books from my childhood. This one was exactly as I remembered it.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment as I do like to read them and will answer any I receive.