Pages

Thursday 10 September 2015

The truth About you - Susan Lewis






Lainey Hollingsworth has spent her whole life on the outside of a secret. Her mother would never discuss the reasons she abandoned Italy when Lainey was a baby, and has lost touch with the family she left behind.

But just as Lainey is free to find out about her roots, her husband hits her with a bombshell that shatters the very foundations of their marriage. Another secret.

Shaken, but more determined than ever to find out who she really is, Lainey takes her children to Umbria in search of answers. 

What she ginds in the sleepy, sun-baked village of her birth turns her world inside out.


--------------------------------------------------------------------

I had only read one other Susan Lewis before 'Behind Closed Doors' and yes it was good but in places a little predictable.  The Truth About you , on the other hand was much better and had my full attention.  I certainly didn't see the first twist in the tale coming although I knew there was a secret to be told.   You learn the truth quite early on and from then on it is more around Lainey trying to decide what will happen going forward, will she still have a marriage.  Then there is her daughter who seems to be taking completely the wrong path in order to be popular with one particular friend who may not be much of a friend at all.  And lastly there is the crux to the whole thing what was it that Lainey's mother ran away from in Italy and why was it she would never return.  

All in all a very good read and one I would recommend. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a little behind my time with blogging again at the moment.  I finished this one just over a week ago so you may find there will be another post very shortly as I am coming to the end of my next book already which is 


Happy reading one & all 

Mx



3 comments:

  1. Sounds good. It goes on my list.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mitzi

    Just to let you know I am down to my last 100 pages of The House at Riverton
    and it's brilliant, I love it. The book has got me back into reading, thank you
    for your recommendation.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Just popped over from Amy's blog and have enjoyed having a read. I have never read any Susan Lewis novels but maybe I will give them a try. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment as I do like to read them and will answer any I receive.