Pages

Sunday 18 August 2013

Clover's Child - Amanda Prowse

Dot Simpson reached up and touched Sol's face.
Yes! Yes, she would go with him. She wouldn't miss the dark mornings, the dirty buses, the rude customers or the cold. She wanted to feel the salt water burn on her skin, she wanted to lie in his arms and sleep with the shutters thrown open, and the promise of fresh pineapple juice for breakfast.

Dot had never imagined that there might be a life like that for a girl like her.





Head of Zeus - Fiction
Year: 2013
Pages: 354
ISBN: 9781781854242



I was recently given Poppy Day as a gift and thoroughly enjoyed it especially as I have a son in the RAF who will be off to Afghanisbloodystan in October.  Having read Poppy Day I obviously HAD to read Clover's Child.  I bought a copy and I was so gripped I have to say it took me less than 24 hours to read the 354 pages.  For anyone who is yet to read it I won't spoil the story but for me this is most definitely the best work yet to come from Amanda Prowse, it will make you laugh, it will make you cry and Clover's story was one that will resonate with a lot of girls from the 1960's who's forbidden love would break their heart. . Can't wait to see what Amanda will come up with next. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment as I do like to read them and will answer any I receive.